The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has witnessed series of changes since it was extracted from the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) in 1958. The Immigration Department as it was known then was entrusted with the core Immigration duties under the headship of the Chief Federal Immigration Officer (CFIO). The Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment is on with some specific vacancies.
The department in its embryo inherited the Immigration Ordinance of 1958 for its operation. At inception, the department had a narrow operational scope and maintained a low profile and simple approach in attaining the desired goals and objectives of the government. During this period, only the Visa and Business Sections were set up.
Below are the available vacancies;
Job Title: Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) General Duty, CONPASS 08
Level: Inspectorate Cadre
- Applicants for Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) must possess a minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized institution.
- Applicants for Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) must be between the ages of 18-30 years.
- NYSC certificate is compulsory for senior Inspector of Immigration (SII)
Job Title: Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII) General Duty, Secretaries and Other Specialized Fields, CONPASS 06
- Applicant must possess NCE/ND obtained from a recognized institution.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-26 years.
Job Title: Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II (ASI) General Duty, CONPASS 0
- Applicant must possess minimum of first degree from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- NYSC discharged certificate
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 years.
Job Title: Immigration Assistant III (IAIII) Artisans, CONPASS 03
- Applicant for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment must be a holder of SSCE,NECO, GCE O/Level with minimum of four(4) credit in not more than 2 sittings, which should include English and Maths.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25 years.
General Application Requirements
- Applicants for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment must be Nigerian by birth.
- Applicants must be medically fit and present certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital.
- Applicants for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment must be free from financial embarrassment.
- Applicants for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment must be between the ages of 18-30 years.
- Applicant’s height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females.
- Applicant for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment must be of good character and must not have been convicted of a criminal offence and must not be a member of a secret society/cult.
- Applicant’s chest measurement of not less than 0.87m for men.
Applicants with any of the following disabilities need not apply for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment:
- Impediment in speech (stammerer/dumb)
- Gross malformation of teeth
- Knocked knees
- Bent knees
- Bow legs
- Flat foot
- Limb legs
- Bent arms/deformed hands/fracture
- Defective eye sight (squint-eye, crossed eye, one-eyed and total blindness)
- Amputation of any part of physical body
- Hearing impaired (deaf)
- Hunched back
- Medical challenges and any other physical deformity not mentioned
Computer Based Test
There shall be computer based test for shortlisted candidates. Appropriate time and date shall be communicated to such persons.
- Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted at recruitment centre shall not be acceptable after the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment 2017 exercise.
- The Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment Candidates are advised to print out the referee from which must be duly completed for submission during screening.
- A duly completed and signed guarantor’s section of the application form to be presented for screening, which is to be signed by officers not below the rank of Chief superintendent of Immigration (CSI) or its equivalents in the sister organization.
- This Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment 2017 application is absolutely free
How to Apply Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 3rd July, 2017.